Blog - Age Related Macular Degeneration
ARMD is acquired degeneration of retina 2 types
- Dry armd. (85-90%)
- Wet armd (10-15%)
- Old age
- Cigarette smoking
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Hyper cholesterolemia
- Genetic susceptibility
- Blurred vision
- Distorted vision
- Vague visual symptoms
How is it diagnosed ?
- Retinal examination
- Fund us fluorescein angiography
- Optical coherence tomography
How is macular degeneration treated?
- There is no cure for macular degeneration
- Proper diet and vitamin supplements high in A,C,E and betacarotene with zinc
- Laser treatments and injection of anti Vegf into eye for wet armd
- Low vision aids
What patient needs to do?
- Avoid smoking
- Control of risk factors
- Regular followup with ophthalmologist
We at Prime retina are equipped with the best instruments for early diagnosis of agerelated macular degeneration and with availability of all intra vitreal anti vegf injections ( avastin, accentrix, eyelea, pagenax) provides the best possible treatment available with good patient care.
Total Eye Care For All
We offers a complete range of eye care services to All.